Monday, December 27, 2010

A Jolly Jones Christmas!

Christmas morning started a little later than usual! For the first hour or so it was just me and this little smiley girl up and ready to go!
If this face doesn't scream Christmas morning I don't know what does!
When I grew up I was always the first one up, begging and pleading with my brothers and parents to wake up! I vividly remember overlooking the living room from the upstairs and amazed at all that Santa had done the night before! Looks like Reese, the youngest so far might be just like Mommy! This Christmas was such a special treat for Kevin and I as we got to see the excitement of Christmas threw Addison's eyes! Although they are still too young and don't understand the meaning of Christmas I want our kids to enjoy this day like Kevin and I did as kids.  Not only the gifts of course but to remember that Jesus was born on this special day! Here are a few pictures and highlights from our house!
Daddy loves his candy! 
I think Addison is following in his footsteps because before I knew it she was hoarding some Jolly Ranchers and snacks in her new tent!
We got a kick out of her opening her gifts. It seemed that with each new item she opened she would want to wear it! I should have taken a picture when she had all three tutu's on, but these will have to do!



Reese played it cool next to her new tummy time toy! Thanks to Leonor!
and this tunnel... who knew it would be such a hit!
But I think this was the best...Breakfast anyone?!? 
Addie loved her new kitchen! Great work Daddy, you definitely get all the credit for this one!
And if Reese could say thank you, should would too!
Happy 1st Christmas Reese! 
What a morning! I think Reese had the right idea... but now it was off to Grandma's and Grandpa's!... 
An old family tradition is to have eggs benedict for Christmas Day breakfast, We arrived just in time to get our fixings and then it was time to open gifts. Little did Kevin know but he was going to have to put one more thing together that my parents got Addison! 
But I think it was worth it because..... She was born to ride!
If you look closely she is wearing three outfits, two new shirts, a dress, and a tutu! She sure loves to wear all her clothes right when she gets them!
With so many people and lots to open we take our time and like to watch everyone! The only time limit was that the Laker game started at 2! Other than that we laugh and watch as the giver explains the present and the receiver opens it with anticipation. You quickly forget the hustle and bustle it took to get or make that "perfect" gift and at last you can enjoy yourself!
Merry Christmas Everyone!
We truly did have a wonderful holiday and we hope that you and your family enjoyed time together as well. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment