Friday, December 10, 2010

Back home safely!

When I was a kid every year my Grandma's or parents would give me a a musical box as a present for my birthday, Christmas, or just because. I was obsessed with them (along with collecting figurines from Disneyland but thats another story). This picture is only the beginning of my collection and just looking at them brings back so many memories. I got these back because it seems my parents are cleaning out all of our "kid stuff" from home and shipping it off to where it now belongs. I was so happy to see these jewels! I remember driving my brother Chris crazy with them. Especially at night when I would challenge myself and try to get them all going at the same time. He hated it and I don't blame him!! When Kevin saw these he said that it would be neat to pass the music boxes now down to my daughters and start their own collection. But I told him that I am not ready yet to let them go! hahahah... is that weird?!? Well for now they will be up for all to enjoy and I will cross that bridge of passing them on  when it comes. And ohh by the way, I still got it... I can still set them all at the same time and know exactly which song belongs to which box!!! And boy does that feel good after all these years :)

1 comment:

  1. You are crazy! I remember those boxes in your room! Feels like a lifetime ago. Great memories!! : )

    ReplyDelete