Friday, November 12, 2010

Minor Detour :)

Happy Veteran's Day!
Yesterday we had an exciting day planned, there was a free concert in the park with the beloved Hullabaloo children's band. Friends from work were bringing their kids for some music, dance, and a picnic. I was excited to reconnect and catch up with my friends! Making sure we had plenty of time to get to the 11:00 show I started packing early. With the last minute diaper changes and a quick change of clothes due to a spit up we were on the road by 10:00! I printed out directions even though I have a GPS and of course once in route I noticed the directions were different. Instead of going with my gut and following mapquest I trusted the GPS and we ended up going with the directions that included going on a toll road. The only problem is I didn't have cash or our Fastpass! To make things worse there wasn't a chance to turn around for miles to go back to the freeway so instead of fighting fate I altered our plans and continued on the road! This is where it lead me - pretty amazing!
Laguna Beach! So instead of music we ventured to the beach for some fun in the sun! Luckily we spotted the most amazing playground right on the sand!

Then we headed to the waves where I chased my little California cutie!
It wasn't what we expected to do this Veteran's Day but I will take it!
Anytime spent with these two is special!
P.S. Reese was with us today! Just on Mommy and hiding from the sun! Got to love the Ergo carrier!

1 comment:

  1. I love how flexible you are!! Looks like it turned out to be a great day at the beach... Love Addie's overalls!!! : )

    ReplyDelete