Sunday, June 26, 2011

High-Low: Beginning of Summer Style

High: Yieppee Summer Break has officially started and that means I am home with my girls! And look how much they have changed since December!
Now
Low: The end of school was a little hectic because not only am I switching job assignments but my school is moving back to its campus. That means packing up my whole classroom and going through all my things. I can't believe how much stuff I have in only 6 years of teaching. I will blame some of that on my Mother-in-Law because I have inherited incredible things from her, but nevertheless packing is never fun. I did manage to donate a ton of stuff to Leonor's childcare and I only brought 7 boxes home. Kevin said that was 7 to many!
High: I am getting great at multi-tasking and can put the kids in the car now in a jiffy.
Low: Sometimes I go toooo fast and place things up on top of my car and forget that they are there. For example my phone. Yep drove down the road and it fell off. Luckily I heard something. Unfortunately, I didn't know it was my phone at the time and couldn't find anything on the road.
High: Yeahh!! A couple of kids found my phone and their mom called me using my phone later that night. (That is when I found out that it was missing). I was so relieved!
Low: Although we talked once, our connection got interrupted and then when I called back they stopped answering MY phone. :( Boo on dishonest people!! (and no I never found out who had it)
High: Addison learned a new word: Truck
Low: It doesn't at ALL sound like Truck (use your imagination) and she uses it ALL the time when in the car or out in public.
High: Another fun word that Addison loves is "sit" and when shopping in the grocery store she loves to sit in the great big obnoxiously wide car cart and watch Mickey Mouse.
Low: Today while checking out our items at Vons she really wanted to get back in the great big "car" grocery cart and started yelling "sit, sit!" as loud as she could. Only it sounded like "sh** and it caught me SO off guard that I along with every other person close by thought she was really saying that bad word. I freaked and started saying even louder so everyone knew that my daughter was Not cussing, "ohh you want to SIT!!" I might have turned bright red and wanted to die right there on the spot.
High: Uncle Chris drove his new VW wagon down from Seattle to surprise Billy with their  wheels for the Bachelor Trip.

Low: Billy thought Chris got him a new car - hahaha...only Billy would think that. But it was an awesome surprise and something they will use to cruise up the coast this weekend and celebrate Billy's upcoming wedding.  With just the guys on board I as in-charge of making signs. 

High: We had a family dinner and it was great to visit and catch up! Addison and Reese love time with their Uncles and family.



Low:  Addison did not want to leave and cried herself to sleep on the ride home.
High: Went to Costco and was in and out in 15 minutes only spending $19.00
Low: In an effort to save time - the workers took my card and put it ahead of my things. They say they are trying to be more efficient. WRONG!! When it was my turn 45 seconds later they had lost the card and told me I needed to go to membership and get a new one. Awesome. I was super annoyed, late for a party, and wanted to cry. Aren't us moms allowed a tantrum every once in a while!
High: Kevin and I had a date night to the U2 concert. Sam and Heather got Kevin tickets for his 30th Birthday! It was amazing! I am not going to lie. When Kevin told me we were going I sang a UB40 song rather than U2, but it was an awesome concert and so nice to get out just the two of us!
High: Sharing a room for two kids is super convenient.  All the clothes are right there, it is a pretty spacious room, and the girls are interacting more and more with each other. 
Low: They WAKE each other up... not always, but enough times where I wish we had a bigger place! 
High: Both girls have great naps during the day.
Low: Its not always at the same time
High: The people who work at our local donut store know me and the girls by name.
Low: I think that means that we go there to much! But I do have a trick. Addison either gets 1 donut hole or I ask them to cut a donut in half and put it in two bags. This way she only gets half and doesn't realize there was every anymore.
High: Addison learned how to talk on the phone while driving.
Low: Mommy did that too and got a ticket.
High: Being at home means I don't have to pump anymore at Work! And a plus is that Reese still doesn't have any teeth.
Low: I have to puree everything still so it is perfect for our little toothless princess
High: Addison and Reese have been helping me bake in the kitchen.
Low: It means that they have double the energy after having a cupcake or cookie!
High: I mentioned earlier in another post that we have been doing a lot of hiking. This has definitely been a lot of fun!
Low:  However, when out with my family we came across a lizard. Addison was very scared and wanted nothing to do with walking on the trails after that. Later in the week we saw another one on our porch and now Addison "thinks" she sees lizards everywhere!! Even in her playroom.
High: Addison loves to count and is getting good at singing her abc's. She is a quick and fun little learner
Low: She does not know her colors. We have ooddles of books in our library but she is having a hard time with the concept. She has yellow, blue, and her favorite color GREEN down. 
High: I am super motivated to run a half-marathon
                     Low: I have only run as far as 3 miles so far!! :(
Best High: A lot of family time together! I love being at home and I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. I enjoy being the one to tuck them in for their nap, have tea parties, play at the park, read books, and play outside for hours. I love hugging and kissing them whenever I want and teaching them new things each day! June has rocked and I look forward to July in a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment