Friday, October 29, 2010

Crabby Cakes!

I woke up to this face...
and this attitude!!!
I have no idea where she learned to cross her hands like that and pout !! What a stinker :) Is it me or does this face look exactly like her fathers! And to tell you the truth they are both not morning people - Kevin would be the 1st to admit that!
This face screams to me "Mom we need to do something fun today!" So we packed up early in the morning and headed to the beach. On the way I thought it would be fun to stop at Centennial Farm in Costa Mesa for Addison to play and explore with the animals. When we got there its quite the production to get the girls in the double stroller - Making sure everyone is dry, fed, has toys, a snack, and is happy takes some time. I am getting faster but it can get a little chaotic. So when I finished and we walked to the entrance I was so sad to see that it was closed because of a field trip!!!! Luckily not to far away was a Farmer's Market. We turned around and headed to check it out.
We ended up buying a little snack and some yummy fresh German bread rolls to have with dinner. Addison was my little helper and carried all our goods!
Then we headed to 17th street in Huntington Beach. This is our old stomping ground. It was a beautiful clear day and it felt great to get out there and run with the girls!
At 80 degrees it certainly didn't feel like October! Kevin and I often talk about moving back to the beach. Who wouldn't want to, look at this view!
This was officially Reese's first time at the beach!
Addison enjoyed playing in the sand and watching the waves. The people around us were laughing because she was saying over and over again "Wow Mommy, Wow!
 All in all we had a wonderful day. I am learning so many new things as now a mother of two. The importance of patience in getting around and out of the house, flexibility in napping and feeding times, my new found love for drive thru coffee places, and the need to always always have extra clothes and diapers in the car! Also creating some time for myself can be a little tricky especially with Kevin's schedule but running has really helped me recharge and regroup through the day. Its funny because once I was a runner that never stopped for anything during my runs & I was all about time and how far! Now I feel like I am more relaxed and have little expectations, I am enjoying my time running more and more and it helps me recharge and regroup! Maybe there will be a race in the future but for now I will just enjoy the process of getting back into it.
Although we started the day a little crabby Addison was all smiles as we played and enjoyed the sand and water. We missed Kevin on our adventure to HB but we are looking forward to his day off when we head to Redondo Beach as a family to visit my brother and Magee's new place. Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment