Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Choo- Choo!!

All Aboard! Kevin told me about a park near our house that we just had to check out! Irvine Regional is a wonderful place to visit. The girls and I headed out early this morning to beat the heat and explore this new place. I was also excited to try out our double Bob stroller! Slow but surely with the help of intervals I did 2 miles - Yieppe! Reese slept the whole time...
while Addison enjoyed a snack and the views of the beautiful park.
The park was huge...  Along the way we saw this pretty lake! Lots of ducks, baby turtles, and fish...
          I have never been on a run where I came across a peacock...until today! It was the first of many         along the way!
During our run we also had to stop for a passing train. Addison got a kick out of the sounds and all the people waving - I knew we would have to visit the train after we finished because she was soooo excited!
After we hydrated, changed diapers, and fed Reese we headed to the train. That was a bit of a challenge, especially fitting that huge stroller in the back of the car, but we survived! Being Columbus Day the park was packed with people visiting not only the train but they also had a hay ride and activities at their pumpkin patch. When we reached the line Addison waited very patiently!
 Reese on the other hand grew a little restless and like any Big Sis she kindly told her younger sis to Stop! It sounds more like St-ahhhhhhh-pppp (one of her new favorite words, besides mine)
Then she rocked Reese to make her feel better. She is really a great helper and so observant of everything that I do! It is amazing how much she will mimic me :) It really keeps me on my toes! 
Once on the train, Addison was all business. She kept saying choo choo!! I love that she talks so much :)
This was their youngest rider of the day, just under one month old. So fun !
A view of the pumpkin patch from the train, we may have to go visit this another day!
 This is definitely a place we will visit often. It is a nice change from our usual Yorba Regional Park :) Although we did miss Dr. Jones it was a fabulous morning with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment