Saturday, April 7, 2012

Road Trip!

This past month went by super fast! We have lots of news so sit tight - this may be long! First we are now proud owners of a new car! Yes we have joined the club and bought a Minivan. Scratch that - Kevin bought this car and brought it home for a surprise! Needless to say I was shocked, we had barely talked about it but our Jetta was on its last life and to fix it would have cost an arm and a leg. We got an amazing deal for this white beauty and our family could not be happier!
After this big purchase we headed up North for a weekend get away. We stopped in Pismo Beach for a night and had a wonderful quick stay at the beach. We love the beach house and walking to the pier and dinner is a dream! Here are a couple of pictures:

and we even saw two of our favorite streets!


Our next stop was Paso Robles for a wine country run and family fun! The weather was on our side and it did not rain until Sunday afternoon on our way home. The Dubost family organized this fun get together. It was so much fun to see Sarah and Colleen's family. Between swimming, horse back riding, and running it was a fantastic and busy two days.
These four wild fishes loved the water, I would definitely give the Paso Robles Inn a five star rating. Although my favorite time in the Spa was just with Colleen and Sarah! Next up was horseback riding at Tim's brother and sister-in-laws! This was Addison's first time on a horse. Luckily Snickers was awesome and Addison was super brave! She overcame her nerves and loved the ride. Thank you Davis for showing her the ropes and for being such a good example. Giddy Up!!

Here are some more favorites from the Ranch


Addison my little model

and great girlfriends!

Next up was the run! I have to confess my two girls seriously rocked the half marathon and I did the 5K. I had not trained since the half that I did in October and Thank goodness I opted for the shorter run. It turned out to be a great decision and I loved the run. I had never run such a short race but I really enjoyed the scenery and met a friend on the trail who we ended up running the whole thing together.



This is definitely on the calendar for 2013! A beautiful run and lots of fun with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment