Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Perspective

    Sometimes I feel like I am in a little rut. Blogging sure makes everything sound amazing and although I am super thankful for all the blessings in my life, sometimes I just can't get a handle on the things that need to be done. My laundry pile is so high that I was forced to put it in the garage next to the washer where I didn't have to look at it every time I walk upstairs. I despise folding laundry and even putting it in the washer makes me sad because eventually I will have to FOLD it - drives me crazy... I typically love to cook but sometimes ever once in a while I just want to eat Taco Bell and Papa Johns. I hate that I can't do that with kids all the time and that I have to be responsible to cook veggies and a protein at each meal! Haha :) ... and don't get me started on cleaning the floors, loading the dishwasher, or even watering the plants. (are you depressed do you want to stop reading this post yet?!) I am certainly not complaining in a way where I would want my life to change because I know this is just a snip bit of my life but I want to be a little honest on the blog. I find myself watching way to much reality t.v. and going to bed too late. I need to make a small little change. So here is the GOAL - For one week I am going to just stop (not that I will stop being responsible) but to stop worrying about all the stuff that needs to get done and just BE.  I think this will really help give me perspective and yes to even possibly take joy in doing the laundry, cooking, and even cleaning again. The idea is not to be overwhelmed and to spend my time more wisely. This picture below was taken by my dear friend Colleen on our trip to Paseo Robles last month. I am in love with this picture and with the expressions on both of our faces. I can learn so much from my kids and this snapshot says it all. I need to just stop worrying about next year and where we will live and about all the things that can be overwhelming for a Mom.  So I will stop dwelling on my husbands insane work schedule, the ever ending grocery list, or the projects on my desktop, and take a sweet break from being on the computer and feeling pressure. I will not check Instagram or be consumed by reading running blogs and other peoples blogs. Who knows I may even start a new book or find joy in something new! My desire is to get back to being fully present each and every day and not just checking things off my to do list!


Here is to a wonderful week and how thankful I am for my beautiful family (and yes even all the mommy duties!) xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. This post speaks to my life at this very moment too! I just finished complaining to Scotty about the pileS of laundry, the dirty floors, and yes even my extra needy child! I couldn't agree with you more, that sometimes it's important to take a step back and just be in the now and PLAY with our kid(s). I thank you for being honest of your blog because like you I findmyself reading other blogs and wondering how everyone else can keep it so together ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete