Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mommy Jones

Wahoo!!! First post baby race :)
On Sunday I ran the Long Beach Half-Marathon! I worked my way from running 2 miles and wanting to die (literally) to comfortably running 10 miles at a steady pace. Each Saturday for the last 3 months I met a group of fun-loving moms for our long runs. During the week I would push the girls through parks, up hills, and on the river trail. Working part time has given me the opportunity to have time to run and do something I love. It was exciting to reach my goal of not stopping and running under a 10 minute mile. I finished in 2:07 with a 9:40 pace. I am ready for the next race and am aiming for closer to 2 hours! Thanks to my family for their great support! xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Way to go lady! Looking good with your adorable cheerleaders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Kimmie!!! I had no idea you were doing this!!! Great time and GREAT accomplishment - Love you!!! XO

    ReplyDelete