Monday, May 16, 2011

Days of Our Lives

It is No secret that I am a HUGE Days of Our Lives fan. For example: when it came to naming our babies the first thing I thought of was all the characters on the show (totally not kidding). But Kevin immediately caught on and quickly denied any request. Although now that they have introduced new characters maybe I will be able to swing him over to the idea for the next baby! Why he didn't like Marlana or Stefano for our little Jones I will never know :)
Days has been a part of my life (and my best friend Tiff's life) for more than 16 years. We have had some breaks, especially during college, but for the most part I would consider us loyal fans! So about 3 months ago I came across Alison Sweeney's blog. She is not only Sami Brady on Days of Our Lives, but she is also the host of The Biggest Loser. Her blog is so much fun to read. She is a mother of two and through her entertaining stories you can tell she is fun loving, creative minded, super funny, and hard working. Her blog is about real life as a Mom and things we can all relate to!  
One of the goals for her blog is to connect with regular moms of all ages and walks of life...So each week she features a "Mom of the Week" and in that post she will ask random questions about parenting. Typically I just like to read the responses but last week I knew I had to participate. She wanted us her blogging friends, I mean followers, to share a funny story about potty training. I knew that the Fish-ee one that I shared on my blog a couple weeks ago made my family laugh, so I decided to post it! Well guess what - SHE LOVED IT.. I mean I can hardly contain myself knowing that she Read something I wrote AND .... drum roll please....... she choose me to be Mom of the Week on her website for this week!!!! I almost died with giddyness when I got the email.  I might have squealed a little bit with excitement and startled Reese and Addison! (TIFF can you believe this). The editor of her website also mentioned that they looked at my blog and wanted to pull some pictures off that too! Soooo now that I am practically famous :) I wanted to share with you my friend Ali's website. Click here hahahahhaha..... you may need to scroll down a bit for the post-  Enjoy! I know I will be checking this site about a 100 times a day for the next week! Let me know what you think... you can contact my agent/husband and I will get back to you.  Happy Monday, have a wonderful week everyone!  xooxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never knew she had a blog. So fun! Congrats Mom of the Week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I read her blog and she did a great tribute to you and your blog!! I am totally jealous that you made contact with one of our longest friends!! I still think about how I use to record the show EVERY day on the same VHS and we used to rock/paper/scissors at every commercial to see who had to get up and fast forward the commercials!! Wow, we were cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete