Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fish-eeee!

Addison officially has her first pet. His name is Fish-eee (I know original)  but she loves him so much. Each morning she greets him with a squeal of delight  and eagerly feeds him saying over and over again, "Fish-ee eat, Fishe-ee eat!" She is  constantly saying hi to him throughout the day, and I am crossing my fingers each time that he is still alive!
Because if I were to be honest we had some casualties this week with a couple of Fish-ee's friends and relatives (8 to be exact)... Here is a picture of Fish-ee, our lone survivior! When I noticed the dead fish I knew I had to act quickly and take them to their resting place (the toliet) without a certain little girl seeing me. I knew I was caught when I heard a little voice behind me say "Fish-ee go pee-pee Mommy." And all I could think of was that I didn't want to traumatize her, this was her first pet!!... So I said yes! and what does any pottery training toddler respond with. Yeahhhhh and clapped for them... So cute but so sad. What makes it worst is the last couple of days when she goes to see the fish in the morning she looks in the toliet :( Hopefully our little Fish-ee friend in the bowl beats the odds and lives a very long time! 

2 comments:

  1. Haha! What a cute story! I took Emma in to get a fish the other day, but we left without one... I wasn't ready! Such a simple pet, and yet why do they all seem to die? I think we are going to get one soon. It is good to hear that Addie likes hers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! We all wondered what you were going to do with all of Elmo's goldfish. Good luck with the potty training Addie!!

    ReplyDelete