Friday, September 3, 2010

Opps! I did it again ...

So in March my friend Colleen and I took our kids to Tanaka Farm for a Strawberry tour! We had a wonderful time but l let Addison have one too many strawberries and she broke out in a crazy rash later that day! I later learned that is a normal reaction and that parents should wait to introduce this delicious fruit to their child. Okay got it !!!
Well flash forward five months and that brings us to yesterday. Addison and I were having a wonderful day running errands, shopping, and playing at the park. At about 4:00 I noticed her face was a little red but didn't pay much attention to it because we had just gone for a walk outside and she had been coloring earlier. So I thought she might be red from the sun or got some crayone on her face. But when we returned to the house her face had taken a turn for the worse! Yikes...... Now it doesn't look so bad from the front...
But turn her face to the side.... and well it isn't pretty!
You get the picture! Luckily Dr.Jones walked in just as I am starting to freak out a little and I showed him her rash and he started asking me questions.
Kevin - What did she eat today?
Kim - Nothing out of the ordinary
Kevin - Really no strawberries or something new?
Kim - Nope. We played outside, ran errands, went to the park. Could it be crayons? or from the sun?
Kevin - No looks like a allergy rash, are you sure?
Kim - (light goes off in my brain) ohhhhhh...... We did have a Jamba juice today and I gave I had them give her a cup of her own.
Kevin - And .....What flavor did you get?
KIm - uhhh .......Strawberry Nirvana ... ohhh no !!!!!!!!!!
Kevin - Yeahhhh that is the problem !!
Kim - But she seemed to happy at the time :(


I will not give you any more strawberries until you are ready! Until then I will get you some Baby Benedryl So sorry!! xoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Addie forgives you! I have never heard about not giving babies strawberries... Good thing you are doing this first, I have so much to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim!!! Not again!!! This is hysterical - Poor Addie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete