Friday, June 1, 2012

May!

We did so many exciting things the last couple of weeks, can't you tell!
I mean doesn't this picture just scream excitement!! Haha... we were definitely fighting some colds in our house and spent some time in our sleeping bags and watching movies. 
Luckily the Doctor makes house calls and saves Mommy lots of trips to Urgent Care

As soon as we peeped up we headed to Disneyland, just the girls! It was a first for me to take them by myself and a first for Reese on the carousel all by herself.




we attended our weekly ballet and tap class! Here our little ballerina is looking extra Pink-erffic!
We swam with ducks
and together!
Gardened in the yard
and learned how to make a total mess in less than three minutes!! (try to find Reese) Total Stinker!!
We spent some time hiking at Newport Back Bay 

Did I mention that the girls love to be outside!


and celebrated a special birthday! 
I had Open House for my 3rd/4th Grade class
This is a very special class where we have shared so much. Here are some fun class books a Scrapbook of our memories!
Collage of all my kids!
A bulletin board on going to College! Our goal is to get these kids going to college. My favorite paper was by a third grade boy who said he wanted to go to UC Davis because his teacher went there and she is really really smart! Love that kid!
Addie had her 1st Haircut! She loved it so much - the funniest part was when I was taking pictures she asked me to sit down! Yikes - is she embarrassed of me already!

Her serious face!
and her first glimpse of her new hair

We visited Huntington Beach for their Annual Duck festival - and found a pet!
and painted one

The finished product that is sitting proudly on our table
and met one our favorite little girls at Wahoos!
We visited Disney again! And this time we ran into one of our favorites! This was magical!
Started swim lessons! Addie had a great first lesson, I was so proud of her! She did everything Miss Cerra asked and listened to directions. Although I couldn't "see" her do it because I was around the "mommy wall"I could hear everything. I am in love with the set up of her pool and most important I don't have to get in it! Last summer we did the Mommy and Me and we really didn't get to much out of it. These private lessons have been a blessing. Addie jumped, kicked, and dove for her little toys with such excitement. She was a little scared of the googles but I enlisted the help of my friend Colleen in hopes that seeing her kids, Davis and Dylann, in them it would make her a little more comfortable. Time will tell! One thing I found funny is that the more Addison goes to swim lessons the more she gets comfortable and wants to become the teacher. Miss Cerra commented on how she has never had such a young student try and "run" the lesson herself. Addie will count and tell herself when to kick or go under the water. We will work on being less independent and let the swim teacher run the lesson!
Then it was Reese's turn! She might have cried the entire first and second lesson. The cries have turned into a little whimper but they are still there. Miss Cerra is so patient, caring, and wonderful with her. Reese does everything she is asked of but is just a little uneasy around "strangers". I know she is young but I think this is an excellent way for Reese to trust others and become less dependent on Mommy. I love that I can watch the lesson on a baby monitor and that she is making great progress!  
and our last big event for the month was when our Doctor needed a Doctor! Kevin had a "deviated septum" and had to get it fixed. After years of wrestling and breaking his nose multiple times and not getting it fixed, along with his extremely loud breathing and lack of air supply he decided to finally get it done.  This was the real thing and not the "OC I need to have an excuse to get a nose job." Here he is post operation and doing great! This lasted for close to three weeks and we thought we were out of the clear!

Until I got the call that I needed to meet him in the Emergency Room because he had a severe nose bleed. I will spare you all the details but God protected him and kept him safe. After multiple trips to the ER I would not let this guy out of my sight so we did everything together! 
and to be honest I am pretty sure he loved it (Jen if you read this please show J.J)
and all his girls were excited to spend lots of time with him! Addie even painted him a special fishy to make him feel happy and more healthy!
We had a great couple weeks and I will share some more pictures soon! Its time for this cowgirl to get up from a nap so no more blogging for me! And only one more day of teaching and its summer!
 Thanks for reading! xoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am totally going to show JJ this post. I wonder if he needs to get that done, probably. Glad Kevin is okay and perhaps now date night can include monthly pedis? Love it. Happy Summer to you! Come to Folsom if you need a getaway ;) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete