Friday, June 15, 2012

Schools out for Summer!

Teaching this year taught me so many valuable lessons. 
The 34 third and fourth graders that my teaching partner and I were given this year was an extraordinary group of kids. Kids with stories that broke my heart and at the same time inspired me to be a better person and teacher each day. Some days I just was in awe of them getting to school and just surviving. I don't want to get into details about their personal stories but I will forever remember these smiley, hard working, passionate little people. We laughed a lot because of my silly math lessons or science experiments gone wrong and shared life together as we said good bye to a father in our class and saw loved ones in the hospital. Kids welcomed new brothers and sisters and shared joy in finding friends that love them for them. It was a special year. Sharing a contract and working part time was a blessing, and I can't say enough good things about my partner. She. is. amazing. I feel like I get the best of both worlds - first and most important is raising my girls and being there for them and second teaching is something that I lo and is a creative outlet for myself. Looking into the future next year will probably be my last year teaching for a while. With the end of Kevin's residency quickly coming I can't think of anywhere I rather be then home. But that is a decision for the future! I know that I  will always be involved in education in one way or another. Heres to a great school year and  I look forward to next year and meeting so many new faces and families! 

No comments:

Post a Comment