Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

 It was a Beautiful and Sunny Day today so what better way to spend it then a spontaneous trip to our local zoo. Although a mountain of laundry and some work that I have been putting off for a week now was staring at me, I knew we just needed to get out. Also Dr. J is working nights this week so it helps to have us out so he can sleep - kid free!  So I loaded up the girls and headed down the road to Irvine Park.
I mean if this picture doesn't scream, excitement than I don't know what does!
(notice, Addison's fancy pose and Reese's out of control mullet..nice)
This is something new but I LOVE watching these two hold hands and walk around. It makes me smile every time!
 This zoo is pretty small, it houses maybe 20 animals. Only kidding, there are more than than. But it is a perfect size for toddles to run around and see some nature and animals. Addison was really excited to see some farm animals and thought the goat and the rooster made really funny and loud sounds. I agreed! However, Reese wasn't a happy camper being so close and personal to the animals! 
Luckily that didn't last too long and we were up and on to new and much smaller animals. I loved seeing the curiosity in Addison and how she was talking up a storm the entire visit! This one can hear something once and it is locked into her memory, its for education purposes but not for other words or things! I took this picture right after she say a black bear and pretended to read the story "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you see?"to the bear. She did a really good job remembering all the animals! And as you can tell by the picture she was pretty proud of herself.
We stopped and watched the rabbits for a while (Yes this zoo has rabbits and coyotes for that matter, hahaha) The animal that Reese really loved was a little baby Weasel. It was in a glass cage, the kind they keep snakes in, and this weasel was jumping around and "dancing" like a crazy person. It was cracking all of us up and was definitely a highlight!
After a fun visit we walked through the park to the train station. We met some new friends there and enjoyed a ride on the cho-choo train! 
Today was a wonderful day with two very special girls and I loved ever second of it! 
Happy Wednesday xoxoxox
just one more pic...boy do they love seeing themselves on the screen!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun Wednesday!! I never knew Irvine had a Zoo! Sounds like a perfect little outing. Let me know if you ever go to the SD Zoo. I renewed our passes in July and we have not gone once yet!

    ReplyDelete