Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sea World - Take 2!!

We started out our day very early and with nothing on the calendar I decided to pack up the girls and head to San Diego - destination Sea World! We had bought passes last February that were good for the rest of the year so we figured why not enjoy some free entertainment! With a couple quick stops we were on our way. It was a beautiful sunny day and because we were being very thrifty we had a picnic in the jeep before going into the park. This actually worked out perfect. I was able to change a diaper, feed the girls, and drench them with sunscreen! 
Once we were all happy and full we went to see Shamuuuuu! (As Addison says it) The only thing missing today was the Doctor. He unfortunately had to work. He was very surprised when he called mid-morning and asked what we were doing and I said watching dolphins!! He thought I was kidding :) But come on - why not?!? I do think Disneyland passes are in our near future. I didn't take many pictures because lets face it, it is hard to hold Reese and take a picture at the same time. But below are some of my favorite that I managed to take. Below is a classic picture and sums up who likes wearing hats and who doesn't!! Reese is definitely not a fan of anything on her head.
Today was a very non-stressful day. Maybe it was knowing that we could come again or that I didn't really have any big expectations. I just wanted a fun day with the girls and would just go with the flow. That is not to say that we didn't have our issues but for the most part everything went pretty smooth. We were not in a rush and we saw the shows that we could. Despite about a dozen people telling me I have my hands full -literally!!! But with two on one I think I managed pretty well. (And no, it is not time to start thinking about #3.) Addison was a great walker, watcher, and used her words throughout the day which made it a lot easier to know what she needed (or wanted.) She was so entertained by all the animals and so excited to show Reese all the different things. I think I said this last time we were at Sea World but its so fun to see it through a kids perspective again. 
Here Addison is watching with intense focus the "Pets Rules" show. This was fantastic with music, animals, and lots of fun tricks. It was perfect for this animal loving tot!
The Stars of the show
and of course one of my little stars!
Here we have little Miss Reese taking off her hat Again.....for the 50th time!!!
After the dolphin show we headed to the back of the pool to see them again. I remember as a kid loving the dolphin show and always wanting a pet dolphin. Looks like we may have another dolphin lover in the family.
A new attraction at the park are the Turtles. These animals were a huge hit with Addison when we took her to the aquarium in Monterey when she was 1. The neatest part of the whole exhibit is when the you walk into this glass room and the turtles can swim over you. Addison was squealing with delight every time a Huge turtle came our way.
This is a picture of when she first met this animal about a year ago!
Then we headed outside to take a picture in "her" boat
while Reese took a little nap!
Next we headed for a nice walk along the bay and then went to the "touch" pool. 
Addison loved touching the water - but not the starfish. 
I think she was a little hesitant because her Daddy wasn't there like last time!
This is one of my favorite pictures of these two! Ohh how her hair has grown so much :)
The final show we saw was amazing (at least the first 10 minutes were) Just look at this stage!!
Unfortunately my two little ones wanted more to do with boys sitting behind us then to watch the show!  
and then when I looked back over about a minute later this is what I saw and I knew that it was time to head home!
Thanks Addie and Reese for being troopers and so spontaneous and flexible! After 5 and a half hours of fun the air conditioned car ride was a welcomed treat! Heres to our next adventure together :) Love you guys! 
P.S. I am blogging in the middle of the day while catching up on laundry and Days of our Lives because both girls are NAPPING at the same time - Booyahh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment