Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holy Tanaka!

Its that time of year - Watermelon Tours at Tanaka Farm of course! With "Uncle Farmer" in town we decided to make the quick trek to Irvine for some fun in the sun! I dug out Addie's old Watermelon outfit from last year and it fit perfectly. I have noticed that I bought things big last year and it has been a savior for us this summer not having to spend a ton of money on clothes! Not much has changed in a year..... except my little watermelon....
is now with us!!
and boy did she have a fun first time at Tanaka Farm!
The tour was also a first for Chris and my mom. You see last year we had the pleasure of going on the tour with the Dubost fam. Addie loved walking the fields with Davis
and this year she enjoyed Omie's company
She also really really enjoyed her corn... just like last year!!
The corn was definitely the highlight once again. She didn't put down this veggie the entire trip. Luckily I came home with a whole bag full of this sweet snack!

It was a treat to be at the farm with a real farmer. Chris was quite impressed with this little OC farm and all the yummy food it produces. Addison was much more into all the sights and sounds of the tractor ride this year. She is slightly obsessed with things that go (tractors, cars, trucks, trains, etc...)
It was fun to see how little Smiley would react to all the veggies. Most of the time they are put in the food processor but today she "gummed" it and tried some tasty things. She enjoyed the cucumbers , carrots, and squash. However, the watermelon was met with a gag reflex. I guess she isn't ready yet for this sweet treat!
But Addison and the rest of us enjoyed the watermelon......Just like before...

Unfortunately the yellow melon wasn't ready for us to taste just yet this year. Guess we will have to return for a second trip.
Thank you to my mom and Chris for making this mid-morning activity so fun. You were energetic, patient, fun, and super helpful. I always love having extra sets of hands, it definitely makes my job a lot easier and I love that I can then take Pictures! 
Addie and Reese I hope you follow in your Uncles footsteps and continue to love the beauty of nature and all the wonderful and delicious things this Earth has for you to enjoy. It always amazes me how good things taste straight from the ground and encourages me to cook and buy produce from this farm. Here is to a healthy and happy new week!
And you might be thinking whatever happened to that piece of supper eaten corn... it finally got dropped....
but luckily it was recovered (gross... I couldn't stop her) and she continued to enjoy it until Omie bought her a new fresh one!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a difference a year makes! Looks like a fun day on the farm! I love to see your comparison pictures of Addison at the same time last year. She has grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe how much has changed since our last trip together!!! Where has this year gone!?!??!!??!? Maybe next year you will have another watermelon in your shirt, HA! ;)

    ReplyDelete