Monday, November 21, 2011

30!

Goodbye 20's and hello to the big 3-0!!
My birthday was very special and I have Kevin to thank. He planned a sweet getaway to Laguna Beach and then a family dinner the following day. Flowers, a new phone, and did I mention a night out with no kids! Lots of friends prepared me and said that 30 was an emotional birthday for them, but for me I was all smiles and so excited to enter this new decade. The relaxing massage, haircut, fancy dinner, and time with my husband did help too!  Capri Laguna was a perfect hotel that was close to downtown, right on the beach, and most importantly you could hear the waves from our balcony. It was quiet and peaceful and although it was only 30 minutes from our house we felt like we were on vacation in some faraway place! 
This was the first time we have left both Reese and Addison for the night. I am happy to report that they did great with Omie and GranDad, so great that my parents encouraged us to do this more often! They said they had a great time too and were very busy with the girls! Sign me up - thank you Kevin for a warm welcome to the 30 club.
Speaking of warm welcomes.. this is what we came home too! The streamers gave it away, I knew it had to be Billy and Magee. The funny part was that we nearly caught them because they weren't expecting us so soon. This was definitely a fun surprise - thank you again Mr. & Mrs. Omer!
Kevin took care of dinner and made my childhood favorite - tortellini! Growing up we always got to choose our birthday meal and I always had this. We had a great family meal and it was fantastic to see the girls - we really did miss them a ton! In addition to all the "30" birthday decorations Billy and Magee also picked up a few "princess" items. The moment Addison saw them she just had to change her clothes to this...
 and then again to her favorite...
Here are some more fun pictures. Addie beat me to my cupcake  and despite the picture looking like her hand is on fire she did not burn herself!




Thank you for a wonderful birthday.. I look forward to many more memories and adventures in my 30's!!xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club!!! Looks like you had a great vacation in Laguna. I can't believe it was your first, and only, night away from the girls. You certainly deserved a little R&R!! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmie! Happy Belated B-day! I felt the same way about my 30th. I think our thirties will be our best years yet! XOXO. What a fun bday weekend. Good Job, Kev.

    ReplyDelete